Wednesday 14 August 2013

Adventures at the Gym

Whoever said that getting up first thing in the morning to work out is a good thing is basically a dirty liar.  The one and only shower in the house is leaking and Billy has been trying to use his mad plumbing skillz to fix it and replace the taps - that was last week and during his reno's I have been able to at least bathe but not shower.  Well yesterday he got the new tap and replaced it - now I can't bathe or shower so I dragged my ass out of bed at 5 am and went to the gym to work out and to shower.  That's just a godawful hour for anyone to be awake especially since I was up at 1 am, 2 am and 3:15 am (just to switch things up) with the mother of all hot flashes.  Anyway, I jumped on the treadmill half asleep and started at a very slow pace.  I'm quite sure I dozed off and woke up startled that I was fully dressed and apparently walking uphill briskly on the treadmill, I may have screamed a little - at least I think I did given the response of the guy next to me.  So after 20 minutes on the treadmill I switched to the elliptical, or as I refer to it: Satan's Spawn.  Like really, who in the holy hell is coordinated enough to move their arms and feet at the same time - well I mean other than the line of other people using making it look effortless - but real people, klutzes like me it's just a disaster waiting to happen.  Don't ask how but I managed to trip while using it and had to use the arm thingies as holy shit handles.  It was embarrassing as hell but probably burned a few extra calories there.  

On the up side I totally got hit on today at the gym, this lady stood outside my shower cubicle and watched me shower - totally inappropriate but flattering - I mean sure she was around 70 and probably Dementia was a factor but I'm taking it as a compliment.  Clearly I'm a hit with the senior, lesbian crowd.

Also, can I just say that I'm totally loving my ass lately?  I mean yeah, it's big but before it was just a big blob - now I see a curve.

Here I thought that not riding the bus anymore would mean that my adventures would be over - but nope!!!  Really it's about perspective and attitude and I just see opportunity for fun everywhere.

Have a wonderful day all!

No comments:

Post a Comment