Wednesday 23 November 2011

Hipster douchebag

Well, it's official, I may just be a hipster douche bag now by starting this blog, but I'm okay with that.  I don't really know how to do this so I guess I'll do what I always do in cases of cluelessness - make shit up as I go along.  A good friend told me that 2012 is going to be a good year for me and while I totally hope that is true I can't imagine how it could top 2011.  I had weight loss surgery on June 28, 2011 and have went from 285 at my heaviest to this morning 216.2 (yes, the .2 matters!!!).  I feel like I have missed out on so much of life being too heavy or embarrassed to fully participate in life and that is why I chose the title of this blog, it's from a quote I love that is hanging on my wall at work - that and all the other titles I chose were already taken!

If I had only....

Forgotten future greatness
and looked at the green things
and the buildings
and reached out to those around me
and smelled the air
and ignored the forms and the
self-styled obligations
and heard the rain on the roof 
and put my arms around my partner...

....and it's not too late.

I guess you could say that this blog is about weight loss, but for me that is just the smallest littlest part of it all, for me this blog is about my life.  My new life, with all its wonderful new discoveries, adventures and possibilities - and just a warning there will be adult situations, offensive language and brief nudity. :)

2 comments:

  1. Awesome ill be reading along, you could also do vlogs on youtube! Have fun with this Wendy!

    ReplyDelete